RE: About libcurl, VC7 and W4

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:32:43 -0800

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Delfin Rojas said:

> I just joined the libcurl mailing list. I am using libcurl
> for my program. I'm interested in the windows platform and I
> use Microsoft's VC7.1. I also like to compile everything
> with warning level 4 enabled.
>
> So, when I tried to compile the library I found that you
> provide a VC6 project and workspace file but no VC7
> counterpart. Also, when I compile with warning 4 enabled I
> get several warnings all over.

lib/Makefile.vc6 and src/Makefile.vc6 (are supposed to) work for VC7 as
well. I sent a patch yesterday to clean up a couple of problems I had
building with VC7, but it's pretty close to working. It may work as it is
for you. Are you building from CVS or one of the released versions?

> I was wondering if you guys would be interested in a VC7.1
> project and solutions file to include in the lib
> distribution and if you would be interested in some fixes
> for those warnings in level 4 (most of them things like
> converting int to bool, or signed/unsigned mismatch). If you
> are interested please let me know and I will send in a patch
> file.

I bet everyone is interested in making the warnings disappear, if it's
possible to do it in a way that doesn't adversely affect other platforms.

As for solution/project files, I'm interested, but I wonder if it's worth
maintaining both the solution/project and the Makefiles. Given the choice,
I'd rather stick with the Makefiles.

-DB