Re: [ curl-Bugs-919839 ] Can't find ca-bundle.h

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:13:45 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, codemastr wrote:

> Umm, I get it too (MSVC 7.0). Wasn't there already discussion about this?
> Something about wanting to find "other" ca-bundle.h files? In any case, I
> just change the <ca-bundle.h> to "ca-bundle.h" when I compile on Windows.

The reasons for this usage is simple:

There is one distributed lib/ca-bundle.h in the source dir.

You can build curl in another dir than the source dir, and when you do that
and run configure, a lib/ca-bundle.h file is generated there. I decided to
generate the new file in the build dir and not in the source dir, as it is
"The Right Thing" to do when doing builds outside the source dir.

Then, there is two ca-bundle.h files: one in in the source tree and one in the
build tree. We want to use the one in the build tree.

When we compile sources, like lib/url.c we need it to check the build tree
_before_ it checks the source tree and we can only make it do that by using
<ca-bundle.h> as when you use "ca-bundle.h" it will always check the local
directory first, which is the source tree and thus it won't use the newly
generated one.

Can't you solve this "problem" by simply setting the include path to include
the lib/ directory?