Re: libcurl on windows ...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:29:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Ripin Natani wrote:

(Cc'ing Kevin Roth, known cygwin curl compiler! Ripin's original mail can be
found here: http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2004-04/0119.html)

> I am new to curl, libcurl and curlpp. I am trying to install libcurl so
> that I can use curlpp binding and use SSL connections in my C++ project. I
> have tried using cygwin to build the libcurl library.

libcurl is already provided as a cygwin package, you don't need to build it
yourself!

> However, that gave me some errors and thats probably why curlpp building is
> also failing. This is the error I am getting while compiling the source code
> (curl-7.11.1):

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing any error. I'm seeing two warnings.

> *** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lwinmm.

I believe this might be a problem with the configure script. I doubt it should
be using or trying to use this library on cygwin.

> *** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lz.
> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
> *** you link to this library. But I can only do this if you have a
> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have

This seems to be a hint about a problem with your zlib installation.