Re: SSL cert error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:38:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Gisle Vanem wrote:

(Continuing on this thread)

> ... Names may contain the wildcard character * which is considered to match
> any single domain name component or >> component fragment <<. E.g., *.a.com
> matches foo.a.com but not bar.foo.a.com. f*.com matches foo.com but not
> bar.com.

Indeed, I think we should:

  Fix the wildcard-check to allow a single '*' pretty much anywhere in the
  the string and it should match "normally" against the used host name.

  Remove the requirement for the dot in the name

  Remove the restriction that prevents the '*' part to include a dot.

You or me?

> BTW. is there any reason Curl_debug(..., char *data..) isn't a const?
> Modification of data in the debug handler :)

That's just me being sloppy with const. It should indeed have it made const.