curl_easy_setopt + CURLOPT_URL option

From: Jonathan D'Auteuil <jondaut_at_CAE.COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 16:37:57 -0400

Hi

I'm experiencing some problem wit libcurl, more specifically when
transferring a file over ftp. For some reason all transfers fail if the
string representing the complete path for the file is longer than 63
characters. This is the string specified for the CURLOPT_URL option. In that
case, it fails with the error code 6, CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST. Shortening
the path, or using a shorter filename works fine as long as the resulting
url is shorter than 63 charatecters (ex:
ftp://ftp.server.com/some/path/to/a/file.txt). I could not find any mention
of a limit in the api doc. Is this a bug or I missed something?
thanks,
Jonathan d'Auteuil