Perform dir listing of a SYMLINK directory over FTP

From: Uday Singh <usingh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 14:14:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am using curl-ssl-7.10.7-1, and I am not able to get the directory listing of
a directory that happens to be a symlink.

This same scenario was working alright with curl-7.9.8-1.

curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "ftp.xxx.com");
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, "LIST /pub/today");
CURLcode ret = curl_easy_perform(curl);

[NOTE: /pub/today happens to be a symlink]

I have setup all the input functions and so on, and the whole setup works if
the directory is NOT A SYMLINK.

I have tried making to consecutive calls. One to perfrom CWD (again using
CUSTOMREQUEST) and then do a LIST, as this is the only way to get the listing
information of a SYMLINK. This fails, as the second time around CURL resets teh
directory to the root.

Has anyone come across this scenario and how have you worked around it. Thank
you.

- Uday

=====