Re: Sourcemage insults

From: Lars Nilsson <chamaeleon_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:40:48 -0500

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:24:45 +0100 (CET), Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> I found this among Sourcemage's (a Linux distro) curl files:
>
> http://codex.sourcemage.org/stable/ftp/curl/SECURITY
>
> I lack words to describe my feelings.
>
> Not only did iDEFENCE blatantly lie in their security alerts. Others seem to
> simply believe their lies as a proof of our inability to do right, without
> even bothering to ask us.
>
> I think we deserve better.

You (and everyone else who is actively working on curl) deserve much
better. I've been using the software for a while now, and have been
subscribed to the libcurl mailing list since I began using it, and the
amount of work (and support) that all of you continuously put in is
amazing. Given the responses to everyone communicating on this list, I
have no doubt whatsoever that any security concerns, had they been
made known to you, you'd acted on them in the blink of an eye.

Regards, and THANK YOU!

Lars Nilsson