starting with SSL FTP

From: <ivan.makale_at_tiscali.it>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:53:12 +0200

I apologize in advance for the low level of my question.
I have to use the curl library for SSL/TLS FTP transaction. I started with
the "simplessl.c" example, changing the HTTPS URL into an FTPS URL, trying
a "get" operation, with no result until now... I saw the instructions on
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html.
I could also try wirh the command line curl. The main problem is that I'm
new of SSL and I need a working example to start. Can someone tell me where
I can find a simple example and the elementary operations to do (for example
appending the certificate to the certif. bundle etc.)?
Is there a list of supported FTP servers? Is curl OK with ProFTPD, bsdftpd-ssl,
vsftpd?

Thank you, Ivan Makale

Tiscali Adsl 3 Mega Flat con 3 MESI GRATIS!
Con Tiscali Adsl 3 Mega Flat navighi con la Supervelocita'
a soli 29.95 euro al mese, senza limiti di tempo. E se attivi
entro il 31 Marzo, 3 MESI sono GRATIS!
Scopri come su http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/sa/2flat_tc/