Re: Binding to Visual Prolog (unicode)

From: Jan de Lint <jg.de.lint_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:01:37 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se>
To: "libcurl development" <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: Binding to Visual Prolog (unicode)

> On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Jan de Lint wrote:
>
> > - the void filehandle for the callbacks is only 32 bit and 64 bit would
be
> > much more convenient
>
> Can you clarify this point? It is a 'void *', how can that be 32bit on a
64bit
> platform?

I should have explained.
It is 64 bit on a 32 bit platform, using streams instead of files.
Stream-handles happen to be 64 bits in Visual Prolog, don't know about C++.

> > - the (very clever!) utility to build a postvar list has an API where
some
> > arguments are both input and output and Visual Prolog doesn't allow
that.

> But surely you can provide some clever glue code on top of that as a
> work-around?

I did indeed come up with some C glue but halas not generic. Would like to
make it more generic with some help on how to properly handle ellipses in C.
Very hard to find in the books! For a start I would have to give the
ellipsis a name to be passed on.

Jan