RE: WinCE Support -2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 20:10:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Sonia Subramanian wrote:

> This means that if Wince do not include sys/socket, but nothing w.r.t
> sys/time or sys/types which to my knowledge don't exist on WinCE. I
> commented the lines out and added another file that does contain time and
> type ported for WinCE. Without that I get compilation errors and this does
> not seem to be a file that I can discard for curl to compile on WinCE(esp
> given the ifndef).

Well those are of course changes that need to be done and we'll appreciate if
you do them nicely and send as a patch for them.

> I did come across numerous posts dealing with WinCE compilation.

Yes, others have walked down this path before and most of them have acted like
you. Asking, asking some more and then gone silent. I believe one user once
actually sent back a patch that at that time enabled curl to build for wince
out-of-the-box. But that was quite a long time ago and curl develop at a
rather high pace and without interested people, specific ports like that go
bad rather quickly.

> If this has been successfully compiled on the same I would really appreciate
> the list of steps followed.

You are doing the correct steps. You should expect having to do these little
changes since the sources obviously don't build cleanly on WinCE as they are
right now.