overriding automatic Expect: 100-continue behavior

From: Andrew Biggs <adb_at_cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 11:22:20 -0600

Hello,

I have to preface by saying libcurl *rocks*, it has made my job of
porting windows code previously using WinHTTP over to Linux very easy.
Kudos to the libcurl folks!

Now to my problem... I'm using libcurl3-7.15.4-1 to talk webdav to an
Exchange server, which doesn't seem to like the "Expect: 100-continue"
header that libcurl is adding to the request when the submitted data
exceeds 1024 bytes. Turning off the header is easy, I've already added
an "Expect:" header which does a nice job of preventing libcurl from
adding it automatically. The problem remains, though, that libcurl
still does not transmit the "post-data" (actually, the command is
PROPATCH set using CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST) immediately following the
request headers. So, the header is gone, but the behavior remains.
That is, libcurl is still waiting for a 100 Continue from the server
before it will sent the data.

Is this expected behavior? Is there a way to tell libcurl: "look, I
know the post-data is a bit long (1435 bytes), just send it all at once
anyway please"?

Thanks!!
Andrew