RE: libcurl in LSB?

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:41:12 +0200

>On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Camp, TracyX E wrote:
>> One potential issue that pops out to me is ssl (a libcurl without SSL
>> support is of fairly limit utility).

Whoa there.. a libcurl without SSL support is of tremendeous utility,
while a libcurl with SSL support is useful for a few more additional
(but often interesting) things. Think of the relative amount of HTTP/FTP
sites versus the amount of HTTPS/FTPS sites out there, for example.

-Tor
(in our company we use libcurl for intercomputer communication over
standard protocols, no SSL involved. But it's of course nice that the
possibility exists, as a special feature we might want later.)