Re: The client FTP fails to change to the lowest subdirectory when uploading file.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 22:12:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006, Nageeb Khoury wrote:

(no need to cross-post, you speak of libcurl issues so let's keep it on the
curl-library list)

> Traces show that the CURL switches to the lowest directory by doing a
> mulitple change directory (CDW ) for each part in the path (directories in
> between) and not in one step to entire path. Filezilla client succeeds to
> switch without problem.

(nitpick) libcurl is called libcurl, we don't do anything named "CURL".

libcurl actually tries to follow the RFC on how to walk down paths, and
obviously Filezilla does not. Both ways have their ups and downs. But ...

> My .NET client references the LibCurlNet.dll 1.3 with binding 7.13 (
> libcurl.dll).

... libcurl 7.13 doesn't offer any other ways than that.

> 3) I have tried to do the test 1 by changing the LibCurlNet.dll code by
> adding CURLoption.CURLOPT_FTP_FILEMETHOD to the Enums.cs and using curl lib
> v7.15 but without success.

That's actually how it should be done and that should work and have in fact
been verified to work for others in the past.

Did you really get the LibCurlNet.dll built properly to support this new
option? If so, can you show us details on what it does and why it doesn't work
for you? Can you use the curl command line to repeat the problems or does that
make it right?

7.15 you say. I've never released any version called 7.15, which exact one did
you really use? That option didn't exist until 7.15.1... And the enums were
added in 7.15.3.