Re: libssh2 patch 11/10

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 23:28:47 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006, James Housley wrote:

>> The two servers I tried both use publickey auth and none of these seemed to
>> work...
>
> IIRC it is possible to enable/disable sftp. So it is possible that it is
> not configured, sshd_config(5).

Both work fine when I use sftp, so that was unfortunately not the reason.

> The documentation,
> http://www.libssh2.org/wiki/index.php/Structures#Accessable_Structures ,
> says
>
> "The permissions field is a bit-set with the same interpretation as the
> st_mode field of a POSIX stat struct. In particular, the high-order bits
> determine the file type (regular, directory, symlink, etc.) Use the masks
> and macros declared in <sys/stat.h> to interpret the file type."

Right, this could be seen as more of a libssh2 issue and not really libcurl's.
But we (libcurl) want the library to work fine even on non-POSIX systems and
they might not have those defines. Of course we can offer local versions of
those defines for systems that don't have them, but I find it slightly weird.
I think I'll take this issue to the libssh2 list and see what people there
think.