Re: Leak when destination not reachable

From: vikram <vikram_at_kenati.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 20:14:37 +0530

Hello,

I've migrated my sources to new version of curl(7.16.2).

But I'm still observing the leak. This time I'm not able to produce the
leak trace file.
Following are the observations/scenarios:
- I'm using curl_multi_perform call to do HTTP posts.
- Server is set to be 'not reachable'.
- If my URL has host name(e.g. google.com) then it leaks.
- If I replace host name with the ip address then it does not leak.

If URL is 'reachable' then in both the cases(hostname or ip address) it
does not leak.

FYI, In last version of curl(7.15.1) I found this leak in
hostip4.c:Curl_getaddrinfo() API.
Any inputs are welcome.

Regards,
Vikram.