RE: cURL fails to POST to NTLM protected IIS6 server when using ANY authentication with post size le

From: Greg Morse <snatch_65_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:23:55 -0700

I have another fix that may be more general than the other one:

File: transfer.c
Function: Curl_readwrite
Offending lines:
infof(data, "Keep sending data to get tossed away!\n");k->keepon |= KEEP_WRITE;
Replacement lines:
infof(data, "Keep sending data to get tossed away!\n");if (conn->writesockfd != CURL_SOCKET_BAD) k->keepon |= KEEP_WRITE;

Explanation: turning write on with a bad write sockfd will cause an infinite loop when the read finishes since the write has already completed.

I want to be careful not to break something else - I realize there has been a lot of work in this area and I may not be seeing the whole picture. I can just be sure that this specific case is broken.

-Greg
PC Magazine’s 2007 editors’ choice for best web mail—award-winning Windows Live Hotmail.
http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HMWL_mini_pcmag_0707