Re: LDAPS (was RE: LDAP)

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 03:08:24 +0200

Hi,
> I've checked the CVS version the same way as I checked your patch, with
> the same results :-(

> Seems that you use the "Novell CLDAP SDK" that is probably very
> compatible with openldap for LDAP, but not for LDAPS.
ok - thanks for testing; will look for doing it the OpenLDAP way.

> OpenLDAP does not define file ldap_ssl.h, neither does it define
> ldapssl_xxx procedures. Instead, they have a procedure ldap_start_tls(),
> etc. I'm far from being an OpenLDAP guru, but I found this info at
> http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=ldap
> after searching a long time for the missing entities...
I was already looking at the APR ldap code which does also work with with all platforms and SDKs;
probably I will get there some more insight....; and there its done with ldap_start_tls() ...

> 'seems enabling LDAPS introduces lots of compatibility problems, huhhh
now after I've read your posts I understand this better!

Guen.