Re: feature-freeze starting today

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:10:57 -0700

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 07:25:50PM +0200, Patrick Monnerat wrote:
> No: I do not have perl and I do not know this language enough to
> translate the scripts in some other language. The client test programs
> are useful to me to perform manual tests. Is there a way to use a test
> server on another machine ? Do you have any "hidden" hints to automate
> tests on OS/400 ?

There's too much code there to bother translating it away from
perl. If you can get a perl interpreter for your machine you're likely to
be able to get it going as-is.

As far as using a test server on a different machine, it hasn't been done
to my knowledge, but it's an intriguing idea. If you change the $HOSTIP
line in runtests.pl to the IP address of your test server and change the
calls to run "curl" to run "ssh os400 curl", you're 90% of the way there.
The other 10% consists of adding an scp/sftp call after the ssh to copy all
the files generated on the OS/400 machine over to your test server,
performing whatever EBCDIC conversion is necessary, and setting up the
test directories on the OS/400 machine before each test. Tests with
<precheck> and <postcheck> sections couldn't be run.

It might just be doable, and sure a lot easier than porting perl.

>>> Dan