Re: Testing curl remotely

From: <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:57:38 +0200

 [running the test harness on a remote machine]

This is interesting. I remember an earlier discussion about how the
current test suite can't really test curl with real delays or
latencies. With Dan's change it could be feasible to run tests
between machines connected over e.g. Nistnet, where you can program in
latency, bandwidth, etc. Latency in particular could be interesting.
I've used Nistnet in the past to simulate long-latency, high-bandwidth
satellite links, for example. Worked very well and turned out to match
the real thing.

-Tor