Re: connection reuse with proxies and ssl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 01:19:13 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Gautam Kachroo wrote:

> Some complications were in ftp.c. I'm not familiar with that code, so I
> tried to change it minimally, hence I left the current "use" flag in place
> and added a new state field.

I looked at the patch and it looks fine. I also think that the separation of
use and the connection state in two variables actually makes sense, since the
'use' one is actually saying that it _wants_ to use SSL rather than that it is
activated already.

> I only have openssl to test with, so the changes to gtls, nss, and qssl
> haven't been tested. I noticed that gtls, nss didn't set use to false on
> errors. I didn't change that. Curl_qsossl_connect does set use to FALSE if
> there's an errror, but not when Curl_qsossl_handshake fails, which seems
> inconsistent.

I don't think 'use' is ever used after a failure anyway...

> The diff is attached.

I did some minor cosmetic and functional changes in it... unfortunately I
found that it breaks test 509 (both before and after my edits) for a reason I
haven't figured out so it hasn't been committed.

I've attached my updated version of the patch.