RE: CURLE_PARTIAL_FILE on ftp-upload?

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 22:37:18 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>> When I upload to a ftp-server and transfer is interrupted, sometimes
>> get CURLE_PARTIAL_FILE error. How can this happen on uploads?
>>

> As I read the code, the only other possibility is that the transfer is
completed (possibly prematurely then) and there's no 226 or > 250
response from the server within the given time restraints. See
lib/ftp.c:ftp_done() for details.

Sometimes ago, I had the same problem and noticed there is some mess in
counting bytes when in TEXT mode (extra +1 for \n -->CRLF). I did not
have time to investigate more at that moment, but as a result, I only
use BINARY mode now...

My 2 cents...