Re: WWW-Curl-3.10

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 01:27:50 +0100

Hi,
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, Anton Fedorov wrote:

>> And there attached new build of WWW::Curl bundle.

> We're not the maintainers of that binding so while it is nice of you to post
> it here, it won't go anywhere from here. Cris Bailiff is or at least was the
> maintainer of that code, as noted in CPAN etc. I have no idea how to deal
> with this stuff if he's not around for that anymore.
well, the usual way would be to create a ticket at CPANs RT.
For that you go to:
http://search.cpan.org/~crisb/WWW-Curl-3.02/
then it might be useful to first view the already reported / open bugs:
http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=WWW-Curl
and there cou can find at the top a link to report bugs. This can be done in two ways:
1) you register and use the web interface
or
2) you just send an email to bug-WWW-Curl_at_rt.cpan.org, and attach your new version to the email.

The later is probably easiest, and also you make then your new version available to others - no matter if Chris replies, or not, its then attached to your bug report. Just use a descriptive subject as f.e.:
[PROPOSAL] release bugfixed version 3.10 (attached)

greets, Guenter.