Re: Undefined curl symbols while loading the library

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 12:55:53 +0200

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Andreas Schuldei
<andreas+curllib_at_schuldei.org> wrote:

> you should know which symbols from which libs your plugin needs
> and link against those libs. dont rely on curl-config output to
> take care of your depencies. the header files you need to include
> in order to get it to compile are a good point to start when
> figuring out those libs.

You are correct. I have been looking at this since yesterday and I
realised that the problem came up because our dynamic lib. in fact
refers to ssl and crypto symbols in its local code, not just
indirectly through libcurl. I've now set it to use curl-config --libs
plus pkg-config --libs openssl, and everything's OK. So, I can confirm
that your Debian patch for curl-config works fine, also when referring
libcurl from another dynamic library. (At least on Linux. This kind of
thing doesn't seem to work correctly on Solaris and possibly some
other systems.)

-Tor