Re: Patch for 301/302 redirect after post

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 23:16:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Dan Fandrich wrote:

>> 'better use another option in this case
>
> In this case, the change should be benign. The parameter is passed as a
> long in any case, and as long as the existing behaviour is kept for the 0
> and 1 values, all should be fine.

I thought about that too, but it depends on how willing we are to stretch
things. The man page currently says "non-zero" to enable it, instead of saying
that '1' enables it. (And yes, as a reminder to all of us: we should always
document everything to use 1 to enable instead of non-zero exactly for this
reason.)

Assuming we would call 0 disable, 1 enable for the current ABI, we can just
add an alias for the current 301-option and support more values for the other
and new variations.