Re: HTTPS Support for Symbian Plateform

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 12:24:21 -0700

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:38:25AM -0700, Mahesh Man wrote:
> I am very new to curl library.
> I want to do connection to https server on Symbian Plateform.
> I have seen some mails regarding that, according to them its not yet
> implemented.
> I have SSL libraries for Symbian, Can anyone please tell me how to build
> libcurl on Symbian with https support.

libcurl doesn't support the standard Symbian SSL library, so it won't do
HTTPS. However, I've just learned that Nokia supplies OpenSSL libraries
as part of Open C in its S60 SDK. If that's the case, then it should be
trivial to get HTTPS going. At minimum, you'd need to edit config-symbian.h
to uncomment USE_OPENSSL, USE_SSLEAY and some of the HAVE_OPENSSL_* defines
and add the proper libraries to libcurl.mmp. Let us know how this goes.

>>> Dan