Re: naming convention of targets for Windows platform - why not use VC style?

From: Piotr Dobrogost <bragas_at_op.pl>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:10:23 +0100

> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:39:48 +0100 (CET)
> From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
> Subject: Re: naming convention of targets for Windows platform - why
> not use VC style?
>
> If you can present a way you think is better and clearer then please do!

I had in mind the same scheme that Pierre proposed.

> Well "zlib-ssl-dll" as an example implies using zlib and ssl to create a dll.
> libcurlMT.dll only mentions the memory model. Wouldn't it then be called
> libcurl-zlib-ssl-MT.dll?

I agree with Pierre's remark -
"We do not have libcurl-feature1--feature2--feature3-mode1.lib/so in
other platforms and I fail to see why we should have it on windows."

However, that would be good to be able to find out what options libcurl
was linked with. I think we can't do it on Windows. Is it possible on Linux?

Regards
Piotr Dobrogost