Re: Build using CMake

From: Sukender <suky0001_at_free.fr>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:36:58 +0100

Hi Daniel,

> OpenSSL, GnuTLS and NSS are the ones that should be available for just about
> all platforms. yassl uses the OpenSSL API and should be fairly easy. Qssl is
> the 5th but only available for OS/400 and I suspect cmake won't even run on
> that OS...

I'll try to make OpenSSL, GnuTLS and NSS work under Win32, and I'll add a yassl finder. About Qssl, it seems that you're right (I guess CMake doesn't run).
I'll add variables in the script to choose which SSL lib the user wants.

>> About your errors, it seems setup_once.h is included multiple times... But I
>> can't figure out why/where. If you got more info, I'll be happy. Maybe
>> putting a #ifndef __SETUP_ONCE into the setup_once.h could be an idea?
>
> No that's not the reason. The cmake stuff doesn't generate even half of the
> defines the current configure script does in lib/config.h and thus compiling
> will be broken on all systems that need that. The first problem that by build
> fails on is this:
>
> #ifndef HAVE_STRUCT_TIMEVAL
> struct timeval {
> long tv_sec;
> long tv_usec;
> };
> #endif
>
> As I clearly don't get the define set, but my headers surely have struct
> timeval declared.
>
> I get 212 #defines in lib/config.h with configure, and grep -c says there are
> another 100 commented #undefs potentially defined on other systems.

Once again I wans't properly clear... The current scripts are absolutely not 100% functional, and yes, there is a ton of defines missing. Moreover I wrote in scripts that it should generate a config header, but this hasn't been done yet. I hope I'll be able to give scripts with the defines and the config header soon.

> And please don't top-post.

Sorry, a habit from some other mailing lists...

See you soon.

--
Sukender