Is it safe not to perform curl_global_init()?

From: <centrio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 13:46:57 +0000

Hi,

I am using curl to download a URLs content. I am using easy handle APIs of
libcurl.
Libcurl documentation specifies some restriction on curl_global_init()
function (when used in multi threading env).
In my application I am not using curl_global_init. Instead I am getting an
easy_handle using easy_init and then performing easy_perform on this handle.
Everything works fine. I have tested this code with some 1000 URLs, and
have not found any problem. I wanted to know, what could be the results of
not using curl_global_init() and directly using easy_perform on
easy_handle. What can be possible problems in this approach.

Thanks and Regards
Shivanand