Re: Djgpp Make

From: jvp <jvp_at_compu-weigh.com.au>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:28:12 +1000

Hi all

This is just an update, and to put on record the Djgpp install of cURL
for FreeBasic.
The biggest problem I encountered was the different versions of gcc
that were supplied with djgpp. 2 different versions in 2 required zip files.
So it depended on which you unzipped first.

I have erased and re-installed a number of times to confirm this.
1. Unzipped June 19 daily cvs from Win32 zip file
    to C:\cURL

2.In Win XP environment, set WATT_ROOT = C:\NET

3.Run a batch file with the following content.
    c:
    echo ON
    set DJDIR=C:\Djgpp\Bin
    set DJGPP=C:\DJGPP\DJGPP.ENV
    set PATH=C:\DJGPP\BIN;%PATH%
    cd\curl
    Make
    pause
    Make djgpp
Got the Welcome message to confirm the Make process worked without bugs.

4.Copied Libcurl.a (3,440kb) to FreeBasic\Lib\Dos

Test program confirmed all was OK.
The task of converting the .h files to .bi files would have been a nightmare
with Swig or by hand, however someone from the FreeBasic community had
already
done the hard work for the Windows version, and very little work was needed
to make it suitable for Dos.

Tried to make a Mingw32 version but the errors were to numerous, however
I will
only test and run it on a Dos machine.

Many thanks for the help, now all I have to do is learn all about it.

Regards
Jan van de Poll