Re: DNS issue in libcurl 7.19.3 on Mac OS 10.5

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 00:18:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009, Heston Liebowitz wrote:

> I have an array of URLs which I want to loop over and GET in turn. About
> halfway through the array, one of the URLs results in a malformed packet
> being sent back from the server (according to Wireshark). After that point,
> all subsequent GETs have their DNS lookups perturbed in some way. For
> example, here is a subset of the URLs with the proper DNS resolutions:

I assume this libcurl is not built to use c-ares for name resolves? If so, I
simply cannot see anything that would point to this being libcurl's fault, but
instead rather a problem in the resolver lib/function of your operating
system. libcurl itself makes no DNS packets at all, it just calls defined APIs
of underlying libs.

Can you repeat this problem on any other operating system or libcurl built to
use c-ares?