RE: libcurl and libssh2

From: Xu, Qiang (FXSGSC) <Qiang.Xu_at_fujixerox.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 16:53:02 +0800

Maybe, it is because SFTP protocol doesn't specify what ~ represents. But it works when I uploaded a file using "./curl -v -u qxu:fair123 -T CMakeLists.txt sftp://13.198.98.190/~/scan/test.txt", as Guenter suggested.

Kind of strange here.

> > 2. Why the root directory of the sftp server is listed? In
> > my quoted command, there isn't anything related to "ls".
>
> This is because curl is designed to get or put stuff. In my
> opinion, the -Q option was added on because it's useful, but
> curl is not really designed for doing that sort of thing. So
> your command above basically means, please fetch me
> sftp://13.198.98.190, but before you do that, please send
> through "rm /home/qxu/scan/test.txt".
>
> So even if you have the -Q, it will still send back the same
> thing as if you did not have the -Q there.

Your analysis sounds reasonable. :-)

> > 3. It won't work when I want to remove a folder:
> > [...]
> > I can confirm the folder /home/qxu/scan/DOC.XSM does exist.
> > Can't I use "rm -rf" to remove a folder? What else shall I use?
>
> Those quote commands are not shell commands. They are SFTP
> protocol commands (or something like that). So you can
> probably not use "rm -rf". But I don't know what you can use
> instead. You will probably have to ask the libssh2 people.

Just want to say thank you very much for your help all along. You are patient and nice.

Thanks a lot,
Xu Qiang