curl_easy_init() returns NULL occasionally

From: Singh, Sharad Kumar [OS-IE] <SHARAD.KUMAR.SINGH_at_saic.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 16:58:50 +0530

Hi,

       I am using libcurl version 7.19.2 configured and compiled in default mode on a Linux box running fedora core 9. I am using four processes running simultaneously to send mutliple requests to Curl to download documents. Each process send around 10 requests per second. Occasionally, I get curl_easy_init to return NULL. The documentation says, "something went wrong and you cannot use the other curl functions".

       Is it to do something using libcurl in multithreading environment , since I am using multiple processes. I have also looked in the code for curl_easy_init but it seems to return NULL only when it cant get enough memory. But my system doesnt seem to be running out of memory at that time.

       The API curl_easy_init executes well when I send only 8 requests per second but as soon as I increase this rate to 10 , it starts returning NULL occasionally.

Thanks & Regards,
Sharad kumar Singh