Re: Really weird problem with CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION

From: Joshua McCracken <h.samantha529_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:15:04 -0500

> *fixed the code I was using. I have no idea what I was trying to do passing
>> a void pointer to data that wasn't even null terminated to another function
>> for parsing using cstring functions without even casting it first lol. It's
>> still segfaulting though and I have isolated the location of the problem to
>> the dynamic memory allocation occurring at the same location. Maybe a
>> symptom of a problem elsewhere? Not sure. I'm dead tired - haven't slept in
>> over 24 hours. Going to get some rest and work on it some more when I wake
>> up. If anyone has any suggestions, they'd be much appreciated in the
>> meantime.
>>

> You don't show enough for us to tell anything really. I suggest you instead
> use gdb or valgrind to find the flaw faster.
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

Yeah I didn't feel like it was ready to be transmitted like that. Feels
kinda like getting naked in front of thousands of people I don't know lol. I
can send you a copy of it in it's entirety privately, if you give me
permission. It's all one source file, and can be encrypted on pastebin and
transmitted to you that way instead of as an attachment. It's mostly
functional, just this particular codepath that I am having difficulty with
right now. Trying to cut down on false positives. It's going to be open
sourced anyways, but I just want to do it some justice before I release it.
I'll find a solution for this eventually.

-Josh

--
Freelance Writer @ http://www.helium.com/users/456368
Owner @ http://logicdoctrine.blogspot.com