Problems with proper FTP upload

From: <thomas.ellinger_at_hydrometer.de>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 15:01:32 +0200

Hi,

I wrote an application that uploads a data stream to an ftp server. This
is working so far exept that I'm unable to properly finish the FTP
connection after the upload is done.

In a simple test where I'm sending a stream with 6 bytes my read callback
function is called 2 times by curl. First time i send a short string with
6 bytes length (where 6 is also my return value). Second (and last) time
curl calls the function I return a 0 to signal end of transmission. I
expected curl would quit ftp connection but instead FTP server is left
open. If I instead return CURL_READFUNC_ABORT after upload of data the ftp
server will be disconnected as expected. But this might be not the default
way for an successful upload. :-)

I also set CURLOPT_INFILESIZE_LARGE to (curl_off_t) 6. No difference in
behavior and problem is the same.

I've read all notes on curlopt_readfunction. From my point of view I do
not a "pre-matured" returning of 0 value.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks and cheers

Thomas

Bitte überlegen Sie, ob Sie diese Nachricht wirklich ausdrucken müssen/ before printing, think about environmental responsibility.

Hydrometer GmbH, Industriestraße 13, 91522 Ansbach,
Telefon + 49 981 1806 0, Telefax +49 981 1806 615
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ansbach, Registriergericht: Ansbach HRB 69
Geschäftsführer: Johannes Sappa (Sprecher), Dr.-Ing. Robert Westphal

Der Inhalt der vorstehenden E-Mail ist nicht rechtlich bindend. Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Informieren Sie uns bitte, wenn Sie diese E-Mail fälschlicherweise erhalten haben. Bitte löschen Sie in diesem Fall die Nachricht. Jede unerlaubte Form der Reproduktion, Bekanntgabe, Änderung, Verteilung und/oder Publikation dieser E-Mail ist strengstens untersagt.

The contents of the above mentioned e-mail is not legally binding. This e-mail contains confidential and/or legally protected information. Please inform us if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete it in such a case. Each unauthorized reproduction, disclosure, alteration, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.