Re: Handling of timeouts on clock jump

From: Chad Monroe <cmonroe_at_occamnetworks.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 14:31:09 -0700

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 5 May 2010, Chad Monroe wrote:
>
>> I believe any app/library should handle a time of day jump without
>> issue.
>
> We'll appreciate patches!

I could certainly patch this but have a question about libcurl. Is there
any place in the code similar to a main() which is called at a constant
interval (ie usually less than 10 seconds). In the easy case I'm
assuming there is, but what about the multi case? The usual way I've
fixed this in the past is to add a function which gets called frequently
(ie less than once/~10sec) which compares the current time to the last
time the function was executed. If the time differs greater than +/- 10
sec calculate the diff, scan the timer list and update all timers based
on the calculated diff. I'd be happy to patch curl if you can point me
to a place in the code which is executed on a regular interval.

--
Chad Monroe