binding libcurl to Visual Prolog (Windows)

From: Jan de Lint <jg.de.lint_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 21:44:18 +0200

  Binding curl_easy to a language called Visual Prolog has been quite
straightforward so far and works quite well.
Visual Prolog (VP) is C-compatible, Windows. Non-blocking is taken care
of by the multi-threading capabilities of VP.

Now I would like to implement curl_multi_ bindings, starting along the
lines of the multi-single.c example.

However, where does the select function in the example come from?

rc = select(maxfd+1,&fdread,&fdwrite,&fdexcep,&timeout);

Since I use an off-the-shelf windows libcurl dll, I very much depend on what functions the dll is providing.
Is select a standard C-function and should I emulate it in VP?

Thanks for any advice.
]an