SV: Bug in ftp_nextconnect? version: libcurl 7.21.1

From: Mehmet Bozkurt <mehmet.bozkurt_at_xware.se>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 08:14:41 +0200

> > If a client has requested a NLST with (CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY,1L) and
> after
> > receiving the result does a request for a file, such as
> > ftp://localhost/file.txt, the result will be an NLST being issued to
> the
> > server again.
>
> Well, you are asking for a DIRLISTONLY but you are giving a file in the
> URL,
> so I'm not entirely convinced that libcurl is actually wrong here.
>
> For some reason it seems that we once upon the time decided that having
> the
> DIRLISTONLY option set would be an indication enough that you want a
> directory
> listing.
>
> Does anyone else have an opinion on if we should change this behavior
> or just
> clarify the docs?
>
> Since it has worked like this for ages, and many people who write apps
> will
> have to make them work with older libraries as well, I'm leaning
> towards
> leaving it like this and just clarifying the docs about it.

I see your point. If you ask me, I vote for leaving it as it is but updating
the docs,
because how I interpret the description for this setting now is that it
makes libcurl issue an NLST or LIST
in case of a listing and that it does not affect other cases, such as when a
download is asked for.

/Mehmet.