stripping out unneccesary parts of libcrypto for smallest footprint possible

From: RHYS TWELVES <codemonkey12s_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 11:38:33 +0000 (GMT)

Hi there, Am using libCurl with openSSL to provide the PC web interface of a fixed & limited memory device. Unfortunately, the memory footprint of a cut-down (no-asm, no-des, no-dsa, no-md2, no-rc2, no-rc4, no-cast, no-bf, no-krb5, no-hw) libcrypto is still too much ~800kb. I'm trying to manually strip away parts that I think we can do without, but am new to openssl, so am not aware of the implicit dependencies between systems. Does anyone know of a better (less blind) method of targeting memory-hungry parts of libcrypto? Cheers, -rhys