Is it possible to connect to a https site without enabling an SSL implementation on top of libCurl?

From: RHYS TWELVES <codemonkey12s_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 19:02:21 +0000 (GMT)

Hey there, I am trying to connect to an https:// secure site, but I have a protocol layer outside of libCurl which handles the SSL side of things. Is it possible to set HTTPS in the setup, so it is in the protocol table (curl_easy_setopt(curlHandle, CURLOPT_PROTOCOLS, CURLPROTO_HTTPS);), but not have to set the USE_OPENSSL, USE_SSLEAY #defines? I know I still need to set the 443 port, but are any other gotchyas I should watch out for? I'm using a multi handle, and it's curl on a custom PowerPC architecture. Cheers, -rhys