Re: SSL with curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 08:40:08 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011, amit paliwal wrote:

>> If you don't want libcurl to do neither HTTP nor HTTPS and only do TLS then
>> I would probably say you should perhaps not use libcurl at all...
>
> Reply: I want to use curl for all proper HTTP request and response
> scenarios, but I just wanted to handle some non HTTP header data that can
> come.

There's no such thing as HTTP with "non HTTP header data". Either you have
HTTP and then the headers are just HTTP headers, or you do something that
isn't HTTP anymore and then yes, it isn't HTTP!

To be clear: HTTP allows just about any header to be sent as long as it
conforms to the syntax rules. You can make up your own perfectly well and
still be HTTP compliant.