Doubt in CURLOPT_TIMEOUT and CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL

From: amit paliwal <amit.ambitions_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:21:49 -0500

Hi,

I read the use of this two options and I can use them in my multi threaded
application so that CURLOPT_TIMEOUT does not send a signal. The words in the
document confused me little bit and I just want to make it confirm that, if
I use these two options than no other signal BUT SIGPIPE will be sent. for
e.g. I set both of these options then:

1) If timeout happens CURL will not make OS send SIGALRM rather it will come
out of say curl_easy_perform(), which suits multi threaded applications.
2) But still, if curl_easy_perform() to write on the socket is under process
and the connection where it want to write() is shut down, then CURL will
send the SIGPIPE signal.

Are above two points correct? Do I need to explicitly have the handler for
SIGPIPE or is there any functionality provided by libcurl to handle it.

--
Regards,
Amit