Re: autobuild notes

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 08:48:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> What I propose is to add another variable to the setup file called notes=
> where the autobuild submitter can add a couple lines of text to give
> additional information about the build beyond the desc= line. I envision
> things like "mondocc has no way of disabling warning W9876", or "link
> failure began with libtool 2.2.6b", or "test case 777 fails due to libssh2
> bug #9876543". This would show up near the description at the beginning of
> the autobuild log.
>
> Would anyone find this useful if it were added?

It would be really nice and useful.

I've also been pondering on a related idea: having a file in git that includes
info, details and notes about specific test case failures or problems. This
would be used roughly the same way, but could be added by people who don't
actually run the test themselves but have analyzed/worked with it etc.