Re: SSL Sessions shared

From: Alejandro Álvarez Ayllón <alejandro.alvarez.ayllon_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:57:47 +0200

Hi,

Sorry for the [extremely] late reply. I missed the previous mails at
some point when I came back from holidays.

I have gone through the points you mentioned:

- I have extended the curl_share_setopt man page. No example provided
yet. Is it really needed? It adds nothing to the existing API.

- Added locking (may have missed something?)

- I have added a test lib586.c, using lib506.c as reference.

- Executed the test with NSS and with OpenSSL. No locks are used with
NSS, as I suppose Curl implementation of shared SSL sessions is not
used. OpenSSL does generate calls to the lock functions. Pending to test
with other libraries (although the implementation doesn't rely on the
underlying SSL library, so probably there shouldn't be any problems).

About the test. There is one missing detail: how to ensure the session
ID has been actually reused? Probably a new CURLINFO_SSL_SESSIONID or
something similar would have to be provided.

Regards.

Alejandro Álvarez Ayllón