Re: CURLOPT_RANGE without any response

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 08:28:37 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 9 Jan 2012, Gabriel wrote:

> * About to connect() to www.baidu.com port 80 (#0)
> * Trying 61.135.169.105... * connected
> * Connected to www.baidu.com (61.135.169.105) port 80 (#0)
>> GET /img/baidu.gif HTTP/1.1
> Range: bytes=0-8000000
> Host: www.baidu.com
> Accept: */*
>

> and doesn't have any response. So I want to ask why this thing happens ??

If there's no response at all, it isn't HTTP compliant and it would indicate
that there's something involved not playing nice.

But for no HTTP response at all, libcurl returns an error so perhaps you're
saying that it gets stuck at that point? I don't think it is a problem in
libcurl for that either. That given range looks awefully big for a gif image,
can that have something to do with how the server acts?