Re: Empty HTTP POST request

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 21:50:02 -0800

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 08:07:58PM -0800, Max Burke wrote:
> Doh, that was definitely it. Thanks!

Glad you found it.

> The calls to curl_formadd were returning CURLE_OK, strangely.

Hmmm, it looks like libcurl doesn't actually do any sanity checking right
now on the passed in pointers. This is a problem I've seen come up before,
so it may be worthwhile to add some kind of check for a garbage pointer.
The curl_httppost structure is part of the public API so we can't add a
magic number field, but there's enough redundancy in the structure that
we could add some simple sanity checks.

>>> Dan