Re: MSYS/MinGW autobuilds

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 18:48:43 +0200

Hi all,
Am 15.07.2012 01:26, schrieb Guenter:
> I poked some more with the MSYS/MinGW autobuilds, and here are some
> results ...
> 1) the unit tests dont compile unless I give --disable-shared:
> http://curl.haxx.se/dev/log.cgi?id=20120714220624-26559#prob1
> I guess we need to add -DCURL_STATICLIB to the unit CFLAGS, though not
> sure if we can do that unconditionally?
 From ./tests/unit/README:
'./configure --enable-debug' is required for the unit tests to build. To
enable unit tests, there will be a separate static libcurl built that
will be used exclusively for linking unit test programs.
and from ./tests/unit/Makefile.am:
# Mostly for Windows build targets, when using static libcurl
if USE_CPPFLAG_CURL_STATICLIB
AM_CPPFLAGS += -DCURL_STATICLIB
endif
so why this? If we always use a 'separate static libcurl' for the unit
tests then I think the -DCURL_STATICLIB should be always added
unconditionally, or?

> 3) there are strange path issues (/C:/MinGW/msys/1.0) with all tests
> which use %PWD, f.e. test200:
seems I just found a realiable working solution to this issue, so all
file tests run now fine.

Gün.