Re: Does libcurl supports LDAP connections over SOCKS proxy?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 19:35:45 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012, Anton Malov wrote:

>> If so, that code does indeed call ldap_init() and from what I can see in
>> online documentation that connects to the server by itself and thus it
>> won't work through a proxy.
>
> I get it, but why is it using host address but proxy port for connection?

Because it doesn't support a proxy and thus demands a direct connection.

> This behavior should be considered as bug, IMHO.

Sure, or at least a limitation.

> Or maybe there should be some notification like "Proxy not supported, using
> direct connection instead."

I would rather have it return an error for this case with a description saying
proxy isn't supported for this operation. Using a direct connection when asked
to use a proxy is not a good idea.

> Is there any manual about how to build curl with openldap.c on Windows?

Nope. Define USE_OPENLDAP, point out the correct include directory and try to
compile!