Re: RedHat Linux libcurl 7.28.1 gcc compiler error log file

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 23:37:34 +0100

On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 05:21:31PM -0500, Frank Chang wrote:
> Daniel Stenberg, Yes we did flatten the source code hierarchy a few days ago.
> But, today on RedHat Linux Enterprise 4.XXX , I preserved the ./curl-7.28.1/lib
> and the ./curl-7.28.1/include/curl hierarchy and we still obtain many GCC
> compiler errors. Thank you.

If you're changing the source code or the build environment, then you're
breaking the warrantee. "Preserving the hierarchy" doesn't sound like
like pristine, untouched source to me. What happens if you execute the
following (on a just logged-in user account with only the default dot
files):

tar xzf curl-7.28.1.tar.gz
cd curl-7.28.1
./configure
make
make test

Others here have not had any problems compiling curl on RHEL 4. If you're
having issues doing that, the fault is very likely to lie elsewhere.

>>> Dan