Re: IBM AIX XLC internal compiler error

From: Frank Chang <frank_chang91_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 19:29:03 -0500

> On December 10 2012 Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> This is a not very subtle hint that you should consider to:

> 1 - contact your Service Representative, or
> 2 - upgrade your compiler to something more recent, or
> 3 - just use gcc like the rest of the world, or
> 4 - follow the advice I found[*](!) and just run make again and see if it
> works on subsequent invokes

Daniel Stenberg,

XLC compiles okay if we change the progress.c and tool_operate.c functions to NO-OP's since progress.c appears to a user interface function. We will contact the Service Representative this week. Thank you for all of your help today on this mailing list and Stack Overflow this morning.