RE: SMTP Test Suit (was Current IMAP features?)

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 16:38:58 +0000

Hi all,

On Sat, 9 Feb 2013, Steve Holme wrote:

> Github is now back up so I have committed two follow
> up fixes - I also found an issue with processing multiline
> EHLO responses after the AUTH line.

I see from the latest build and test results that things are still broken :(

Looking at the test harnesses (805, 806 and 807) we seem to returning a 220
response code for the EHLO responses whilst I was expecting a 250 in code.

Whilst I can modify my fix with to test for a response code of 2xx (for
example (*resp/100 == 2) rather than (*resp == 250) my understanding of the
RFC5321 and RFC2554 is that EHLO responses should be 250 and server greeting

As such should I modify the code, correct the test harnesses or both?

Cheers in advance

Steve